When athletes huddle together during competition, they’re typically being inspired and equipped to execute when they break the huddle. The mission of the Leadership Huddle is similar. We want to inspire and equip student-athletes so they’re better prepared to lead themselves and others when we break the Huddle.
The content of each Leadership Huddle is driven by two overarching principles:
- Effective leaders lead themselves well
- Effective leaders lead others well
Each Leadership Huddle will include:
- Gifted speakers that will inspire and educate on leadership principles
- Break-out sessions to allow for student interaction on leadership topics
- Opportunities for students to practice leadership skills
- Sweat Session – an opportunity to get only slightly sweaty learning leadership skills through physical tasks and challenges
- Giveaways and prizes!
- Food (continental breakfast and lunch provided)
- Additional leadership resources for continued development after the Huddle